Are you registered to vote? Do you know your voting precinct? Click here to find your voter information.
Regarding elections, the Clerk advises that you must be 18 years old by or on election day to be eligible to vote.
All polling places are handicap accessible. Braille and audio versions of voting instructions are available. Voting equipment for individuals with disabilities is available.
Voter Identification at the Polls
As of the November 6, 2007 election, every Michigan voter who votes at the polls must show picture identification or sign an affidavit attesting that he or she is not in possession of picture identification. A ballot cannot be issued unless the voter displays picture identification or signs the affidavit.
A voter may show any of the following forms of picture identification:
- Driver’s license or personal identification card issued by another state
- Federal or state government-issued photo identification
- U.S. passport
- Military identification card with photo
- Student identification with photo from a high school or an accredited institution of higher education
- Tribal identification with photo